Girl died, Wrexham Maelor Hospital doctors confused with meningitis as tonsillitis

Girl died, Wrexham Maelor Hospital doctors confused with meningitis as tonsillitis

A seven-year-old girl died on an ‘A lifetime vacation’ in the wake of torment extreme mind harm when specialists mixed up her meningitis as tonsillitis, an investigation heard.

Kate Pierce, was only nine-months-old when specialists at Wrexham Maelor Hospital told mum Dianne Pierce that she had viral tonsillitis.

Lamentably, it later happened she was basically sick with meningitis and she would kick the bucket seven years after the fact while on vacation in Florida in 2013.

Mrs Pierce, from Rossett, in Wales, told the jury at yesterday’s examination in Abergele that Kate had a temperature, icy hands and feet and was heaving.

In the wake of talking with an out-of-hours specialist on March 29, 2006, she was encouraged to take her straight to doctor’s facility.

Mrs Pierce told the court that in the wake of arriving, and notwithstanding worries from the out-of-hours GP, she and her better half, Mark, were put into a room without anyone else and made to hold up.

When they were at long last observed by Halenahalli Vijayakumar, the specialist told the couple their girl had tonsillitis.

She said they had approached Dr Vijayakumar for a moment assessment and believed it was right when he returned 45 minutes after the fact to state his “supervisor” concurred.

Mrs Pierce stated: ‘Check and I were discussing this conclusion as it didn’t exactly take after. He [the doctor] said he had checked with the manager and we were allowed to go.’

Mrs Pierce included: ‘I requested that my folks take care of her the following day since I was working.

‘Despite everything she looked hopeless and I was truly concerned, yet toward the day’s end she hadn’t had only one specialist survey her, another person had taken a gander at her notes who had said she didn’t have to remain in.

‘She wasn’t upbeat the following morning and had a raspy cry however we put that down to the viral tonsillitis.’

Soon thereafter Kate’s condition crumbled and her family hurried her over into clinic where they were told she had meningitis.

She was exchanged to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, in Liverpool, where specialists told the family Kate may not survive.

‘They got some information about end of life designs and said they didn’t anticipate that her will live,’ Mrs Pierce said.

Kate survived however endured extreme mind harm because of the contamination and required day and night look after whatever is left of her life.

Mrs Pierce told the examination how the family prepared to tend to their little girl, adjusted their home and figured out how to bring her out of healing facility following a long time in escalated mind.

She went to nursery and school in the wake of returning home.

Mrs Pierce said that following the decision of a court case with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, the family chose to go on an ‘occasion of a lifetime’ to Florida.

She said that Kate had been ‘moderately well’ in the months paving the way to the outing, and appeared to be fine while on the occasion.

Be that as it may, one night Kate, who regularly required help with her breathing, quit breathing and she couldn’t be spared.

Girl died, Wrexham Maelor Hospital doctors confused with meningitis as tonsillitis was last modified: September 19th, 2017 by Lora Williams

Recommended For You

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

About the Author: Lora Williams

I'm is a professional writer with over 7 years of experience. I joined Week Facts since its inception as a freelancer subsequently taking up a permanent role covering a range of topics and categories.
Twitter | Email