HOUSTON — President Trump swooped into this surge desolated city Saturday to meet with survivors of Hurricane Harvey in his second visit to Southeast Texas since the tempest came shorewards eight days prior.
In the wake of concentrating solely on the administration reaction to Harvey and remaining out of the fiasco zone amid his initially outing to the area Tuesday, Trump intended to feature storm casualties and sparkle the presidential focus on groups significantly modified by Harvey’s continuing floodwaters.
Trump, who went here with first woman Melania Trump, met with inhabitants influenced by the tempest at the NRG Center in Houston, halting by a lunch line where volunteers were circulating wieners, chips and fruit purée.
The Trumps, escorted by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), halted for embraces and postured for photographs with storm survivors.
In the youngsters’ zone of the middle, the president got into a scrum with three young men, one with a phony sword, while the principal woman sat on the floor with kids and books.
- Hurricane Harvey death is rising as Houston hits a historic flood
- Hurricane Harvey Destroyed Building 1 Dead in Texas
- University of Tampa Professor Fired After Saying Hurricane Harvey ‘Instant Karma’ For Texas
- Hurricane Harvey- 8 Dead and 1,500 to 2,000 Water Rescues People
“The message is that things are working out well. Truly, I think individuals value what’s been finished. It’s been done productively, exceptionally well, and that is the thing that we need,” the president said.
“We’re exceptionally content with the way everything is going. A great deal of adoration. There’s a great deal of adoration.”
The primary couple is additionally anticipated that would meet with individuals from the Texas congressional assignment; the organization is pushing for an underlying $7.9 billion fiasco help bundle from Congress.
- Hurricane Harvey: Nursing Home Resident Rescue After Rising Water in Dickinson
- Hurricane Harvey Coming Soon in Texas
- Flooding in Houston: Please Don’t Come Outside The Home
“Families have given sustenance and asylum to those in require. Places of love have sorted out endeavors to tidy up groups and repair harmed homes.
- Hundreds of People March Against Right-Wing Group Rally
- Six Flags Amusement Park Change With Confederate Flag
- Man Shot By Police After Attack on 2 Soldiers With Knife
- Kardashian family donating $500,000 to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
Trump went on Saturday with a few individuals from his Cabinet — Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and acting Homeland Security Secretary Elaine Duke — and in addition some senior White House staff members, including Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, vice president of staff Joe Hagin, country security guide Tom Bossert, squeeze secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and interchanges executive Hope Hicks.