There was a bizarre scent Thursday evening at Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Upper Fells Point. The odor was on the third floor. Understudies and educators didn’t recognize what it was.
“It was an odor that they surely weren’t utilized to,” said Bill Heiser, the school’s leader, who was off-grounds at the time. “It gave off an impression of being getting more grounded.”
A few understudies and educators announced trouble breathing, Heiser said.
The school’s main emptied the building and the fire office was called. In the wake of arriving, the fire division asked for a Hazmat group, which ran a few tests for risky materials. Every one of them were negative, as indicated by Baltimore fire representative Roman Clark.
They took two understudies and three grown-ups to the healing facility for weak stomachs, Clark said.
Firefighters started to open every one of the windows in the working to air it out.
At that point, Clark stated, they found the wellspring of the odor in a third-floor classroom: a vaporized module. Flavor: pumpkin zest.
There was no threat, Clark stated, however “It’s better to be as careful as possible.”
Classes at the secondary school continued Friday. An announcement presented on the school’s site noticed that an instructor would be accessible to converse with understudies about the occasion.