University authorities in Lubbock, Texas, said they captured a shooting suspect after a campus wide lockdown. Police guarantee the speculate lethally shot an officer.
The suspect, 19-year-old Hollis Daniels, got away after the shooting, sending the school in lockdown as police propelled a manhunt in Lubbock, Texas, experts said.
About two hours after the fact, Daniels was handled by a Campus officer and captured close to the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum around 9:30 p.m.
- 4 Cyclists Injured in Hit and Run Case At Marin County, Suspect Arrested
- South Carolina Governor Says Emergency Declare For Irma
- Woman Arrested After She Try To Climb in Buckingham Palace Gates
- Zika virus causes brain cancer, says Scientists
— ABC13 Houston (@abc13houston) October 10, 2017
— Texas Tech (@TexasTech) October 10, 2017
Campus police were leading an understudy welfare check prior Monday when they discovered medications and medication stuff in the presume’s room, as indicated by the school’s representative Chris Cook.
After Daniels was transported to the Texas Tech University Police central command at 413 Flint Ave, he hauled out a weapon and shot the officer in the head before escaping by walking, Cook said.
It stays hazy where the weapon was and who it had a place with.
Texas Tech issued a crisis notice, cautioning understudies and workforce to take shield while Daniels was still on the loose.
A SWAT group landed at the scene and Lubbock police aided the scan for Daniels, which finished when a Texas Tech officer handled him around 9.30 p.m.
The lockdown was lifted soon after his capture.
The 19-year-old, who is from Seguin, Texas, was examining Communications Arts, as per his Facebook profile.
The officer’s character was being withheld pending family notice.
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz tweeted, “Heidi and I are appealing to God for every one of those on @TexasTech’s Campus tonight. It would be ideal if you be sheltered and notice notices from Campus authorities.”
- Freeman High School Shooting: 1 Dead and 3 Injured in Rockford
- Mom Case Against Houston School After Daughter Expel For Sitting During Pledge
- UK University’s Oxford and Cambridge Top in World Rankings
- Judge Says Jason Stockley Found Not Guilty in Black Man’s Dead
Gov. Greg Abbott stated, “Most importantly, our hearts go out to the group of the cop executed at Texas Tech University…
“As the Texas Tech Campus manages this sad disaster, Cecilia and I petition God for the proceeded with security of the understudies and the whole group,” he included.